FEELINGS


THE SONG OF THE RAIN


I hopped off the train, 

It seemed like it's gonna rain. 


As I started my descend from the stairs, 

A random song airs in my ear;

My eyes are somehow fixed on the heavy clouds, 

That are gathering along my path. 


Stronger blows the wind, 

The sight looks like the break of dawn, 

Only to shift my mind

To the unmowed lawn


Swaying n bending right

Just like my hoodie n hair

I hold my bag tight;

As I feel the air. 


I lift my lashes to lookup

Only to see the clouds turn black. 

A smile plays on my lips, 

As I hum the tune of the track. 


As I draw closer to the houses,  

The gush of wind subsidies;

I twirl towards the end of the path

Only to find myself stop;

My eyes take in the view before me, 

As the last warm glow of the evening 

Bids goodbye to the swamp and the tiled roofs. 


From clouds did rain begin to mizzle, 

On my lashes it started to settle. 

My senses started to fill with:

The fragrance of the rain-starved earth, 

A feeling of contentment. 


I slow my pace as home drew near, 

Enjoying the sensation moreover. 

The path was clear;

The sight that my eyes held, 


The song that I hear, 

Will stay in my heart forever. 

Though dark and gloomy

My heart was all bright and bloomy.


-Aura


Popular posts from this blog

"From, My Heart. To,

A REASON IN A SEASON

BROKEN PROMISES HURT